Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weng Kee Restaurant

My brother from KL came back recently and as usual, we would love to go out to take our dinner, let our poor mum have a good time off from her kitchen! lol... Where shall we go this time? Everyone were cracking their head, thinking where to eat.... and thanks to my mum, she suggested Weng Kee Restaurant in Tingkat 1, Ipoh Garden South.

Weng Kee is not a big restaurant, just a shoplot, fully air cond and it opens at 6pm in the evening. It is along the RHB Bank in Ipoh Garden South, next to Scotch Pub. Since there were not many of us, we just ordered these few dishes....


this is steamed yam with chicken
it goes well with rice, very appetizing, my favorite


buttered talapia
very crispy


this is honey pork ribs
no bones (pai kwat wong)


and a mixture of 3 types of vegetables
long beans, petai, ladies finger

Price is not too expensive
Around 60-70rm for 5 persons
plus rice and drinks..

7 comments:

  1. this is interesting, must try when I am back this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't seem expensive indeed. The steamed yam chicken look yummy... though I am not a yam person hehe... I think if I go Ipoh next time, I will look for you to bring to fill me up hahaha :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. drool! drool!!! pork rib is my fav, put honey on it and it'd become my little girl's fav.
    I can find the "pai kwat wong" in Kota Kinabalu but not sure if it tastes the same.

    should've found your site last time when i visited bukit merah, then can try that one out.

    cheers
    Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Makes me hungry looking at these food. This despite I just had my lunch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This meal is so cheap, and all dishes look just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Boys Oven: this place in IPOH Garden South.. near income tax dept..shouldnt be a problem for u..

    Ladyviral, actually IPOH food not so expensive.. still affordable .. :)

    de engineur : some other day, come again.i m sure u hv opportunity to do so...

    foongpc, u r still a growing boy ma.. sure got appetite one..hahaa...

    Sonia, yes, they r considered reasonable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am thinking if that is expensive for Ipoh standard! But I guess it was a big portion....

    ReplyDelete