Monday, August 3, 2009

Kau Kei Soup For Your Family


Anyone loves soup? This is one of the easiest soup I have ever prepared, hahaha... for those who likes to cook simple dishes, here is one recipe that I think you will not regret cooking. All you need is these ingredients as mentioned below:-

1 kati of kau kei leaves (small leaves on thorny stalks)
1 packet of fish balls/pork balls (about 20 or so)
50 gm ikan bilis (anchoives)
1 tablespoon of chopped garlic
1 egg

First, put some oil and fry the ikan bilis, scoop them up and then put in the garlic
Then add water (about 5 - 6 bowls) and let it boil together with ikan bilis and garlic
After few minutes, put in the kau kei choy, don't cover the wok
Add in the fish balls too
Lastly, beat the egg into the bowl and put it into the soup as well, stir well....
Oh, add in some salt to your taste, no need msg ...

Serve when hot, don't cover the soup, the leaves might turn soggy or yellowish..

8 comments:

  1. ya ya, this is simple vege soup but yet very delicious, look at this, just realized I have long time did not cook this, must quickly cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhmmm..looks yummy to me,Claire!!I didn't know that you cook,too!!Lot of talent huh!!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..thanks for posting this. I always order this vege when I go out and eat but never was able to catch the name of the vege.

    Always ask the lady vege with soup...but it is not 'yin choy'...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wow...good thing i ate...or i will be drooling right now hehehe...

    how are you feeling right now? hoping you are alright.

    My suggestion? Make a new blog and make a new domain out of it. Not this. Study the Webmaster tools too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this soup! My mom always put pork and add in a salted egg usually. It is yummy~ I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sonia, quick quick , cook this.. i think i do it once again this weekend...

    Clarissa, i will reveal myself to u real slow... hahahaa...just joking... frankly, i dont know how to cook well..

    Ann, it is called "kau kei" yin choy is the spinach if i m not mistaken? sayur bayam...

    Amy, i m still considering getting own domain.. i have been thinking for ages..hahaa...

    Ladyviral, thanks! yeah, can pu tin salted egg hor... forgotten about that..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey thanks for viewing my page.. how are you? you love food? i mean cooking?>

    ReplyDelete
  8. sure i love food.. but detest cooking..hahaha..

    ReplyDelete