Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kam Hor Koay Teow in IPOH Garden

Ipoh is famous for its koay teow as everyone knows, the smooth whitish noodles that is soft and like slipping through the chopsticks if u don't know how to manage it well..hahaha... And coming together with the koay teow is of course, the taugeh, (bean sprouts) and the steamed chicken... this is one of the specialities in IPOH...

I am sure many outstation people go to Loe Wong for the koay teow, the one in town and a few other shops around there too... but locals like me, I prefer to have my bowl of koay teow in Kam Hor IPOH Garden where an old couple operates only during the nites.... The shop is just opposite to Aneka Selera Ipoh Garden, along Woolley food court too. U can find Kam Hor easily when u drive along....


oh, before I forget,
u got to be very patient, got to wait
at least 15-20 min. minimum...


bean sprouts just crunchy..


the steamed chicken


see the koay teow, fine and smooth
the spring onions neatly decorated..
that is why the long wait...
the old couple take their own sweet time decorating it...
lol...

4 comments:

  1. I do not know how to use the chopsticks hahaha. Anyway, i miss this kind of soup now. Though I rather like our koay teow version in the Philippines, the Chinese Restaurant here is okay so far. I always have this too in Hard Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IPOH has a different kind of texture when it comes to koay teow... Amy, try this when u happen to come to IPOH.. hahaa... i bet u wont regret coming..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey...I go to this shop too instead of Lou Wong!!! THe old man work SUPER SLOW !!! Everytime have to wait 45 min and end up buying nyonya kuih from Aneka Selera first to kill the hunger pangs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kuay teow soup is my favourite . You're right. The texture of the noodle makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete