Friday, August 7, 2009

Sliced Fish Soup

As my girl only prefers fish to any kind of meat, I am at my wits end at times, thinking of what to cook for dinner. Each week when I do marketing, I only head straight to the fishmongers and in supermarkets, I will only look for fish, no other meat. Is it easier or tougher? Easier in the sense that I only have to shop for fish, tougher because I have to think of what to cook with the fish... cannot be steaming and frying all the time...

So... I ended up making fish soup instead and broiled broccoli... hahaha... easy hor? Well, no complaints from her, we ended up finishing what was cooked...


broiled broccoli


fish soup



Here was what I did:- (don't laugh at my description, meant to amuse)

Sliced the fish (sang yu) or garoupa into pieces
Season with salt, pepper and half teaspoon tapioca flour (at least 2 hours)
Ginger (cut into stripes)
Garlic
Yuen sai choong (vegetables for garnishing) hahhaa..(i don't know what it is called in english, anyone knows here?)

Put 2 tablespoon of oil, stir fry the garlic and the ginger
Add in 2 or 3 bowls of water
After 5 minutes of boiling, add in fish for 2 minutes
Add in the yeun sai choong (onion leaves) and get ready to Wallop!

(please correct me whatever u think need to be amended)

2 comments:

  1. thanks rjs mama for coming by..yes, do keep in touch.. i will add u up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH....you are lucky your kid eats fish! GOsh....for me, I have to hide the fish in order to get my son to eat! He prefers meat!!!

    ReplyDelete