Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Meal In Penang Road

I love these pictures, they were taken in Penang Road, famous for their laksa and cendol, the char koay teow was a accompaniment, a big thank you to Gabriel for taking the wonderful clear pictures and I could not resist pasting them up here to share the wonders of Penang food. To go Penang is to love Penang food, I am sure many of you will agree with me.

Some just go for a day trip to savor as much as they can, they eat from morning till midnight.. lol.. all for the sake of food, glorious food, as my son said. Well, hope you enjoy a few today, I will post more in days to come....


char koay teow with prawns, cockles and eggs...


a bowl of sweetened santanic cendol


followed by this delicious saliva drooling laksa!

6 comments:

  1. we still have shrimps here...looks delicious as ever...just to let you know I came by here today...first commnet yipee ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joo Hooi on Penang Road?
    the cendol is the BEST. bar none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm... yummy foods. i love it especially the prawn..

    thanks for the visit and comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah..penang road... cendol..they have a few stalls there now... one inside the shop..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's past midnight now and looking at these pictures, I wanna have some of the food i see!! The koay teow is smelling soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I saw your comment on my blog about Vietnamese sandwiches (just yesterday i'm afraid) but it led me to your blog where i saw this post. Amazing! i LOVE Penang food too! i'm just about to blog about my recent trip there - and it's also about cha kway tiow haha ;)

    ReplyDelete