Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bak Kut Teh In Chung Thye Phin Road

My friend Christian visited me one evening and we were talking for a fair half hour in the house before our stomachs growled.. (exaggerating a bit la.. ) . "Jom, lets go for dinner... somewhere we can sit and continue talking plus can eat full full one... " I told her....
Suddenly bak kut teh came to my mind, actually I am not for it, but I like the stewed trotters and due to my hunger, I did not mind that particular evening. She agreed so we went to the shop along Chung Thye Phin Road, near Ave Maria School. I believe that shop is quite popular especially crowded in the evenings....


the claypot bakkutteh..


stewed trotters
(chu kwok)


one plate of lettuce...
the bill came to RM18.oo with 2 bowls of rice..

4 comments:

  1. Now this is a great intro to me. Ipohans seem to avoid BKT. Heaty? I hop by Klang for my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tsk tsk tsk.......i am addicted to this blog larrr......i love all the above haaha...and also pepper soup pig stomach yum yum....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manglish: come to IPOH to see the real food.. oh, u r now in Japan, right? then it is a bit far.. hahaa...


    Worldwindows: thanks for coming by, i dont know, some dont like the smell of it or maybe ipoh bak kut teh is not so nice, i guess....

    Tina: sorry to make yr stomach growl..haha.. this is a food blog..


    Lizeewong: Come to IPOH, dont wish.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete