Friday, September 25, 2009

A Dish My Kids Love!

Ever since they were as young as a toddler, this is one of the dishes they love to eat, the one dish I love to cook and the only one dish I always used to post..lol...
Now my kids are grown, eldest being 21, youngest 15, till today, they request for this dish whenever they come back from their semester hols or weekends, so here it is, I hope this recipe will be simple for you to cook for your kids as well and hope they love it too....



ingredients:
3 potatoes (sliced) and fried
3 chopped drumsticks sauteed with light sauce, salt, pepper and a teaspoon of tapioca flour
2 big onions sliced
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoon oil

Method:
Put in the oil and chopped garlic & big onions
When fragrant, stir in the chicken pieces and stir fry them
Add half cup of water and let it simmer with slow fire, close the wok cover
When chicken are nearly cooked, add in the potatoes as well
Add some more water if you like it to have more sauce
Add salt to taste
And the potato chicken is ready to be served...

6 comments:

  1. yeah....ok i will cook this for my dinner tonite hehee.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds simple & delicious ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This dish looks like the dish my sister-in-law used to make for us when I was growing up in KL.

    I will have to make this soon for my son. All that memories are flooding back!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is also my family's one of the favorite dish, never fail to serve during dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Manglish: let me know how it tastes like when u hv cooked it...


    Zane: it is simply simple!


    Tiggermum: brings back old memories, yeh? good.. that was what my mum taught me too.. hahhaa...


    Sonia: yes, easy to cook and it is balanced, i think... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!
    i think i've been here before. :)

    btw, is this chicken stew?
    i like to cook this too when all things failed. very simple preparation. i like to add some carrots as well.

    ReplyDelete