Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Canning Garden Again

My favourite breakfast again, this is now a once week ritual affair, it will go on till I am "muak" (fedup) ... lol...
But last week we heard something unfortunate happened to the lady who sells the fish ball noodles at this shop. She is diagnosed with neck cancer and now she is under chemotherapy. Now manning her stall is her husband and another lady worker who is very "familiar" with me and my friend.

Well, we learn something from her... that is.. "don't work so hard, eat healthily and be happy."

healthy or not, I do not know..

but we are happily eating each day...

6 comments:

  1. yeah, work hard but still need to take care of health.. healthy life is from diet and also exercise..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mine.. she is my bro's classmate's mother.. Before i move out from Canning, I always buy soup dumplings from her.. YUMMY DELICIOUS! Hope she have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had some chee cheong fun for dinner tonight! If only I am able to get the red sauce here though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sad for the lady even though I don't know her personally or have not bought anything from her at all. Why? Becos she reminds me of a chicken rice lady seller in my neighbourhood long time ago when I was still in primary school. She's a very jovial lady (and I innocently love to hear her say I'm pretty!), and I love eating her chicken rice. My mum would buy them for my lunch when she feels lazy to cook lunch after I come back from school. Then one day, she stopped selling altogether and we wondered why. Then someone said she had ovarian cancer and passed away. Her husband and children oouldn't continue the business at all. And the stall was just left empty. How sad! Work, work, work, then kena cancer and die just like that. :( I feel sad for her children too becos she is the main player or breadwinner of the family. Her husband is one lazy fellar who didn't work, but merely helped her to prepare the chicken (she actually complained her husband being lazy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. take care of your health!!!

    Have a lovely day!!
    Jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete