Monday, July 27, 2009

Kimberley Street, Penang

The other time when I was in Penang, my friend took me to Kimberley Street....all road side stalls, sitting along the street where vehicles passing by here and there. hahaha... gone were the days Ipoh had this style too, everything taste nicer even though we were sitting next to the traffic.

Back to Kimberley Street, it was crowded when we reached this stall, the pavement tables were full so we had no choice but to sit beside cars coming by now and then... I told my son, "added flavor..." :) True, the food we ordered were yummy... we walloped them all and thought of ordering the second round... but we need to save our "stomach" for something else somewhere...




the stewed drumsticks...
very soft and tasty


our favorite chicken legs...


koay teow th'ng


i saw this nyonya chang beside..
never tasted it before in IPOH
it is different from those bah chang..

5 comments:

  1. All look really yummy, hope I can immediate go there and have a try..

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those 'lou' (braised) items.
    very homely. last time you know at the Macy coffee shop (in ipoh garden east, beside the highway), there's one such stall? VERY delicious, different style of dishes.

    now long gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the koay teow th'ng looks yummy! I am craving for it now... Had a good one that day with my family... but because my brother dislike me taking pictures, I can't show it to everyone... Yummy ummy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy yum! LOL...I can not eat the chicken legs LOL! Everytime I go to Hard Rock and eat in their casual dining, I usually have "koay teow th'ng". Have a medium bowl of it. Stewed drumstick, Filipinos call it Lechon Manok , love it so much with the dip of soy sauce. Thanks for sharing Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. U didn't do the famous fried oyster?

    ReplyDelete