Monday, May 25, 2009

Famous Hakka Mee in IPOH

My friend, Bel, loves hakka mee very very much...extremely in love with it so much so that each time she comes back to IPOH, she must have a bowl or two .....
On Sunday, after church, I took her to the shop in Hugh Low Street.... heard that the hakka mee shop is the original.... three generations.....grandfather, father and now sons are operating the shop...


actually .. when we were served, it was not like this.
both of us forgot to take the picture
and we started walloping it
till half way, we remembered
and then we took a pic of this...
half eaten hakka mee...


this is a serving for one person...
no more fried liew
when we arrived...all sold out..


this is the shop... very crowded...
next time must go there earlier
for more choices....

5 comments:

  1. Err...how is the hakka mee taste? Is is same like wan tan mee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.... i won't say no to food....thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i only tried once hakka mee in ipoh before, a fren brought me sometimes ago, according to him, tats one of the most famous one in ipoh, and i like it alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one named Yin Yau Kui, was formerly situated oppo the road, for very very long time.

    then moved the stall to this spacious, cleaner shop named New Paris. right?

    find the noodles good, the 'liew' so-so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We changed buses in Ipoh when I was in Malaysia (en route to Cameron Highlands), and I swear I have eaten at this very place!

    I remember it being good!

    I'm going to check my photos right now...

    ReplyDelete